THE FIRST TIME I GOT DRUNK
Inspired by @k8zinker (I think this is where it started!) and, um. Possible trigger warning. 🚨
- •I was 22.I'd drank before, but... not like this.
- •I had been married approximately one month.It was a Friday. My newly wedded (now ex) husband showed up at home a few hours early. He had been fired. Also, this was 2007, and we had no idea what we were about to go through with his unemployment and a recessed economy, but that's another story.
- •Anyway, we were looking to forget about it.His best friend (let's call him Adam) came over with a bunch of liquor. The standard young person TRASH like Jager, something that tasted like mint, something that tasted like cinnamon, something that tasted like peaches, you get the idea.
- •I remember innocently, tipsily playing Mario Kart.Then nothing.
- •The next morning I woke up naked in our bed. My husband was asleep downstairs on the couch, and Adam was gone.I freaked the hell out—Between being sick in the bathroom.
- •Our kitchen was a mess.My husband had thrown up in the kitchen sink, I gathered. There was garbage everywhere. There was a minty-smelling sticky film on the floor.
- •I took a shower, and tried to remember why I was naked.My bathing suit was in the shower. I was totally losing my mind. My head was ringing. I feared the worst.
- •Still shaking, I finally convinced my husband to sit up and call Adam.Adam had the wherewithal to go ahead and drive home.
- •Apparently we all went swimming at the pool at our apartment... at 2am.Adam says that he and my husband went skinny dipping, but I wore my bathing suit. He also said that some man came out to tell us to leave, and punched my naked husband in the chest.
- •Adam says I decided to take a post-swim shower after my husband fell asleep on the couch.Also, that I laid down and went to sleep on the shower floor. So he carried me from the shower to my bed.
- •I'm not friends with Adam anymore, since I got divorced, but I think he's a decent guy.But the truth is I just have no clue if anything bad happened to me.
- •And that is why I drink in total moderation.I don't ever want to not be in control of my body.