WHAT IT'S LIKE LIVING IN FLORIDA DURING A TROPICAL STORM
I could give some helpful advice, but this is more fun.
- •The news looks like this all the timeITS COMING RIGHT FOR US AHHHHH!
- •You can't go to the grocery store if there's a system brewing out in the ocean/gulfThe shelves have already been cleared by the panicked masses
- •Good luck trying to fit all those lawn chairs/ potted plants/ grills/ corn hole rigs into the garage
- •You get to leave work early! ...but the bridges are all closed, and now you can't get home.It's happened to me.
- •It's still 86 degrees outside, so if you lose power you'll sweat half to death.
- •You get real creative with foodBecause you avoided going to the store in that madness
- •Hurricane parties aren't much of a thing when you're a functioning adult because chances are your company still has some way of forcing you to work from home.
- •You/ the kids might get a hurricane day off of school, but everything is closed, and you're stuck inside.
- •You know to fill the bathtub with water, but no one ever knows why that's done.