WHEN IS THE APPROPRIATE TIME TO TELL MY FAMILY THAT I AM ELOPING?
The night before? A few days? Immediately afterward, before changing my name on Facebook? Some things to consider:
- •I was married once before.I did a wedding, and the whole shebang, and I hated it, and my family traveled to get to it, and that was nice, but I'm not about to ask them to do it again.
- •Jason and I have been engaged for five years.Like, we're just sick and tired of not being married to each other, already.
- •I'm not pregnant.I know that's the assumption, but no.
- •My family is a little salty that I didn't tell them about my graduation a few weeks ago.It was NBD to me, I didn't even want to walk, but I couldn't figure out how to opt out.
- •My mom gave me her blessing.I think I got my hate of big huge deal celebrations from her.
- •We're going out of town immediately afterward.And I mean we are literally hitting the highway after exchanging rings.
- •I don't want them to find out on social media.I'm not a monster.