Reasons Why I Regret My Impulse Purchase
TLDR: I paid $100 for a facial cleanser last night. This morning it feels like a mistake. Like I took home some random and now he won't leave.
- •He lured me in from the sidewalk by handing me a sample. Then said he had another sample for me but it's inside the store. I waited at the door but from inside he said "it's in here" and waved me in.This is why your parents told you never to take candy from strangers.
- •I'm at an age where I need to start thinking about taking better care of my skin, but hadn't started doing and research on products, so I thought I'd here him out and maybe learn something.Never try to learn something from someone who only sells one kind of product at one (VERY) price point.
- •Several times he both complimented me and insulted me in the same breath, to the point I was dizzy.I was switching between smiling and frowning so quickly and often that I probably gave myself a year's worth more wrinkles just sitting there!
- •I told him it was too expensive and then allowed him to convince me that it's not, that it's worth it.Don't make an impulse purchase like $100 facial products without reading reviews! I'm supposed to be on a budget, I'm supposed to know better.
- •The whole exchange felt icky, and by the end I feel like I bought it so I wouldn't have to hear him talk anymore.I'm sure this is how a lot of one night stands go.
- •When I got home and looked at the receipt and it said "NO REFUNDS, exchange within 14 days'.But did I didn't I expect that, really? Always ask for the return policy, okay?
- •Things I tell myself to make this purchase a little okay:Sales is hard work, that guy maybe needed a sale! I DO need to take better care of my skin, and while reviews weren't great, maybe using this will be better than the nothing I've been using until now! I've learned a valuable lesson! I now know to avoid that side of the sidewalk, or at least never make eye contact with those cream sellers again!