THE PHONE, DINNER HOUR
Who calls during dinner?
- •Daughter two time zones away, on her way home from office. Needs to vent about workday
- •Daughter three time zones away, see above
- •Sister, same time zone but after she cooks and administers dinner, work vent plus she has teens so...
- •My mom. Post dinner card game over.
- •The annoying people who keep trying to sell me an extended warranty for a car I don't own
- •I answer selectively based on the direness of earlier texts. Except for my 90 year old mom who does not text, bc she might need an emergency delivery of 5 pounds of Hershey's kisses. Hey it happens.