Adventures in Global Health: Volume 2
When social justice-oriented female physicians encounter dogs in heat in rural Mexico...
- •There are a few dogs who live at the house in the small community where I'm staying this week.
- •This morning, one of males was trying to mate with one of the smaller females.
- •She was not interested.You go girl.
- •So we shooed the male dog away.
- •10 hours later, they both show up at the clinic, a 10 minute hike from the house.Why? We'll never know.
- •Nothing has changed. He still wants it. She still doesn't.
- •And we can't have that.
- •So now, this female dog is in the clinic, hanging out with us and sharing our dinner while the male scratches at the door outside.Don't worry, there are no patients here now.
- •Never let it be said we didn't stand up for a lady in need.