FEMALE SINGER SONGWRITERS TO BRIGHTEN ANY DAY
This is my aesthetic. Hit me up if you have some new names to add!
- •Ingrid MichaelsonShe defines the genre. Some favorites include "You and I" and "Far Away."
- •Regina SpektorClever, unexpected lyrics
- •April Smith and the Great Picture ShowLove "Movie Loves a Screen." "Stop Wondering" made me laugh out loud.
- •Christina Perri
- •Sara Barreilles"Show me how big your brave is" is one of my all time favorite lyrics. It's on the wall of my room.
- •Priscilla Ahn
- •The Wind the Wave@bailey got their CD for free at a concert and shared it with me and I LOVE it. Probably one of the albums I've listened to all the way through the most.
- •BirdyA little sadder. Still good.
- •He Is WeOne of my better iTunes single of the week finds.
- •Rachel PlattenBig fan of "1,000 Ships."
- •A Fine FrenzyIntroduced by @norawornhoff
- •Kate Nash
- •Sixpence None the RicherClassic girl band. I listen to one of their Christmas songs year round because I love it so much. (Angels We Have Heard on High: check it out)
- •Carole KingListening to "Beautiful" first thing in the morning ever day will make you 3x a better person.Suggested by @bailey
- •Joy WilliamsHer solo stuff was alright. But everything she did for the Civil Wars was 💯.
- •India ArieDon't think I could get through my period without her. "Video" is my jam.
- •Sam PhillipsPretty underrated for her solo stuff. I really like the way she writes.