THE WORST THINGS MARY AND EDITH HAVE DONE TO EACH OTHER IN SIX SEASONS OF DOWNTON ABBEY
In preparation for the @PBS series finale. I miss Sybil.
- •Edith tells the Turkish Embassy that the ambassador's son died in Mary's bed (Season 1)... embroiling Mary in scandal and potentially damaging foreign relations that would prove to be important in the impending world war. Edith sucks.
- •Mary forces Edith to tell Bertie, the new marquess and Edith's new fiancé, that Marigold is Edith's natural daughter over breakfast (Season 6)... thus ending the engagement and creating a bit of a scene. MARY DON'T YOU KNOW WE ONLY HAVE 1.5 EPISODES LEFT IN THE ENTIRE SHOW TO RESOLVE THIS?!?!?
- •Mary scares away Sir Anthony, who was going to propose at the garden party (Season 1)They later got engaged and then he left her at the altar. So you could argue Mary really helped her dodge the initial bullet but it was still COLD
- •Edith calls Mary a bitch. Multiple times. With venom. (Season 6)This only after number the Marigold-Marquess incident. Basically Mary probably deserved it.
- •Edith has an illegitimate daughter and allows everyone in the family but Mary in on the secret (Seasons 4-6)Can you blame her given their history? Def added fuel to Mary's fire though.
- •Mary says Edith is "as interesting as a bucket." (Season 4)Not to her face. Still mean.