BOOKS I'VE READ THIS WEEK
Oct 25-Nov 1
- •The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee AhdiehI loved this book and cannot wait for the second book in the series to come out next year. This has everything I wanted: multiple perspectives, magic, love, intrigue...and it takes place in my favorite area of the world.
- •Lumberjanes Vol. 1 by Noelle StevensonQuirky, cute, fun comic book about five girls at a summer camp with a lot of strange occurrences. I actually loved this more than I thought I would and can't wait to read the rest.
- •The Tsar of Love and Techno by Anthony MarraA Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marra is one of my favorite books so I was very excited for this one. All the stories connect with each other over about seventy years in Russia. Marra's writing is so vivid and beautiful it makes you feel present. The continual thread of art and its power really brings the stories together.
- •Shatter Me by Tahereh MafiI've been on a binge of young adult series this year. This one was not my favorite. Part of the problem was that I listened to the audiobook. The girl who narrated sounded so young I could not get over it. The premise is good and the end leaves you needing to know more.
- •The Shepherd's Life: A People's History of the Lake District by James RebanksI come from a family of farmers and find farming fascinating. Renamed gives thorough and understandable descriptions of how sheep farming in the region works while interweaving with his family's story. The short vignettes also follow how the region has adapted to the ever changing and more globalized world. Very interesting and informative read. It really makes you want to visit the Lake District.