A QUESTION FOR ANYONE ELSE WATCHING "THE NIGHT OF"
Have you noticed the emphasis on shoes and feet?
- •The lawyer Stone has eczema on his feet. Not contagious but alienating and almost impossible to get rid of. We see his feet - and his shoes - a lot.
- •When Naz goes to jail, Freddy courts him by giving him a pair of shoes with "traction."
- •In episode three, Stone stares wistfully into the window of a shoe store, clearly coveting a nice pair of shoes.
- •Does it all mean something?
- •Does it go back to Elie Wiesel's writing and the notion that, in the concentration camps, "death begins at the feet"?
- •Do shoes carry some other kind of meaning?
- •Am I reading wayyyyyy too much into it?
- •Carry on.