ABOUT MY ADVICE COLUMN 🤔
- •In 2002, I was hired to write an advice column for STLToday.com, the online branch of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- •It was really a humor column disguised as an advice column. And it was the most fun job I ever had.
- •And it was twice recognized (in second and third place for Best Online Column) by the National Society of Newspaper Columnists.
- •When Ann Landers retired, my name was unofficially floated as one of three people to replace her.
- •I was discounted pretty much immediately for being far too irreverent. (Which I was soooo bummed about at the time, but in hindsight I know was absolutely the right thing for her column.)
- •Not long after, budget restraints decimated the STLToday.com staff. I was offered the "opportunity" to continue writing my column at half the pay. I walked.
- •And I still miss it.