ONE CHILDHOOD MEMORY I WOULD GO BACK AND RELIVE
- •1978. Boston. We've just moved from Scotland.
- •I am fat AND I have an accent. This, sadly, is not a recipe for popularity.
- •The kids tease me all the time, asking if I play the bagpipes, wear a kilt or lived in a castle.
- •In response, I wrack my brain for the most stereotypically American thing I can think of.
- •And the next time someone asks me if I play the bagpipes, I turn around and say, "I dunno. Do you play the HAMBURGER????"
- •BOOM!!!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻
- •My first slam! What a moment of glory! What a triumph! The door cracked open for the first time on an idea that would, in time, become obvious:
- •I'm a friggin' comic genius.