THINGS I THOUGHT WHILE WATCHING GREASE: LIVE LAST NIGHT
Grease was the first movie I saw in the theaters. My dad took me. I was 7. Don't do the math. I cannot help but love it despite its bullshit misogynist premise.
- •Why the shit am I even watching this?
- •Remember before John Travolta was creepy? I mean, before we KNEW he was creepy?
- •Why Mario Lopez? I mean, like, ever?
- •Is that Pink or Jesse J? How do you know? Are you SURE?
- •Good god, Zuko looks like Jim Carrey. Now I can't unsee it. Would this be better with Jim Carrey in it?
- •We get it, Grease producers: DIVERSITY. Some African Americans, a few Latinos. Solid work creating a low but noticeable level of diversity. Next time: Pacific Islander Sandy.
- •Joe Jonas' mic cutting out may be the best thing about this production.
- •Until I saw Bunk doing the hand jive. WORTH EVERY MINUTE.