THINGS I'M INTO THIS MONTH: AUGUST 2016
Inspired by literally everyone on here
- •Margaret AtwoodI picked this up on a whim at a book sale and I honestly haven't been able to put it down. Margaret Atwood has such a lovely way with words and every sentence packs so much emotion and gives a real sense of place. 10/10 would recommend.
- •BalmorheaA minimalist, instrumental band from Texas. I started listening to them at work because I couldn't focus with all the office noise, and I've been hooked. Their music is atmospheric, layered and incredibly interesting despite having no words.
- •MorningsI've been trying to get into the habit of waking up early and going for a run. Still not as regular as I'd like, but I genuinely love how much more focused I am after an early morning run.
- •It's very rare to read an article that introduces a genuinely new problem. I had never noticed how apps and UI have gradually become more and more infantilising but it's one of those things where once you start to see it, it's everywhere. Really well-written and thoughtful.
- •The Lobster (2016)Finally got around to watching this and it totally lived up to the hype! Dark, funny and a really interesting outlook on modern relationships. I watched this last week and haven't been able to stop thinking about it since.
- •PHOXI was looking for non-white indie artists and someone on here recommended PHOX. The lead singer has an incredible voice, and I love how light and airy their music is while occasionally having some really dark lyrics. Also, how are they all so ridiculously attractive!?