HILLARY CLINTON: I CAN'T GO FOR THAT (ADVENTURE IN UNPOPULAR LIST MAKING)
"No, no can do." Some things I consider, in no particular order.
- •Walmart board membership/ continued relationship to WalmartOn the Walmart board from 86-92, while it aggressively campaigned against labor unions. Also Walmart heiress Alice Walton major contributor to Hil super PAC. Also, Clinton Foundation has praised Walmart for empowering women and girls. LOL.
- •War mongeringIraq (of course), supporting Israel's illegal military action and settlements in occupied territory, illegal drone warfare, cheerleader for crippling Iran sanctions, etc
- •Support for the devastating gutting of welfare during Bill's administrationWomen and children, of course, were the primary victims of welfare reform. Feminism should be intersectional, no?
- •As recent as 2007, in favor of mandatory sentencing practicesStaple of the drug war, and the US mass incarceration crisis
- •Stabbed Elizabeth Warren in the back as NY senatorProving her friendship to financial industry over good economic policy. Peep the New Yorker article for more on that.
- •Political dynastyEnough already