THINGS THAT SURPRISE ME ON MY MORNING COMMUTE
Commuting from Park Slope to the South Bronx is part of my daily life. And yet, common occurrences continue to surprise me!
- •Standing next to or near by to the same orthodox jewish manWe both like to lean on the doors. Always wonder if this can turn into a RomCom situation a la Sliding Doors but he never looks at me.
- •Number of men with wedding bands
- •Difficulty, bordering on impossibility, of drinking coffee and reading a book at the same time.
- •Number of people that get off at 42nd stWhat are they all DOING??
- •Number of people in general
- •Deeply felt irritation towards condescending, cheeky ad campaignsSeamless and Manhattan Storage, I'm looking at you
- •Three A trains will pass through 59th before a D comes.3/5 days of the week. This doesn't make any sense.
- •People eating breakfast sandwiches, or any hot food.People!! No hot food underground!!
- •When i get to 161st street by 9:00amI'm on time!!! Listing makes the time fly, too.