➕➕THINGS TO DO ON A MORNING COMMUTE ➕➕
My morning commute is over an hour every day. Here are some things i do to pass the time while riding the rails.
- •Make a listThis is my newest addition, and i love it. Drafts, drafts, drafts.
- •Read a bookI am on the last 100 pages of the Power Broker. I had to tear this book in chunks to make it subway readable.
- •Count the number of people dressed completely in blackFive on this packed B train within my view- but the game goes on, this can change stop to stop
- •MindfulnessIt is not for everyone, but i try to practice mindfulness on the subway. It is very likely i am running late and feeling anxious. Its a calming challenge to surrender your ego to the MTA.
- •Sleep journalMy morning commute is my first opportunity to write in the day. Little time has passed since the last night's sleep, so i make notes on sleep n dreams. (Time i think i fell, quality, dreams, how many hours, etc).
- •Catch up on podcastsAll the podcasts you've missed or want to start, download them the night before and listen on the way.Suggested by @jamie
- •Empty your to-read list on PocketToo many things on the Internet, not enough timeSuggested by @jamie
- •Watch someone do their make up
- •Pick pocket!Depending on how crowded the train is... Grab a wallet!
- •Lip sync the conductors announcements at each stop (you know the drill) and try to make a stranger laugh.