The Most Jewish Moment of My Life to Date
Including my bat mitzvah.
- •Just now, at the Park Slope Food Coop, I was buying matzo ball mix.
- •(This despite the fact that my mother sent me a box full of 20 matzo ball mixes after a woman she knew got them for FREE, collecting them from supermarkets after Passover last year. "Just a week after their sell-by date, and they were going to throw them out!")
- •The member/worker at the register asked me if I would prepare said matzo balls "soft or hard."
- •Without pausing, I loudly said "soft, otherwise you're backed up for a WEEK!"
- •I suddenly realized I felt totally comfortable talking to strangers about my bowel movements.
- •If anybody needs me, I'll be in the mikva. Shalom.