Jet lagged thoughts
I slept 8pm-2am and 6am-8am. Another exhausted nap is imminent.
- •The mosque is so loud?!How did I sleep through this for a year? I know there's only two call to prayers at night but it feels like there's at least six or seven?!
- •Why did I agree to work the day after I arrived back?I always do this and I'm always miserable. No rest for the wicked. I might nap under my desk.
- •Hummus is yummus.Literally the only thing I've eaten in the past 12 hours.
- •Turn on the hot water!Ah that's right, if I don't turn on the hot water heater 30 minutes before I shower, I will have a freezing cold shower. On the plus side, I'm very awake now.
- •Is that guy making the jerk-off motion at me?He is! Do I remember the Arabic for "fuck off?" I do! Ah, street harassment.
- •I still have friends!I ran into three people I know on my morning walk to the coffeeshop. Even though most of my friends left over the summer, I've still got some phenomenal folks around.
- •Why are there so many hills?The flat plains of eastern North Carolina have spoiled me. I already have multiple blisters.
- •Traffic???Can you not
- •Why is our office security guard the nicest man ever?He greeted me at the door with so much enthusiasm. I can barely speak Arabic so our conversations are limited to two or three sentences. I don't deserve this much kindness.
- •Everything is beautiful and I want to cry.Feels like home.
- •Am I dying?I think I just need coffee.