MY FAVORITE CARRBORO, NORTH CAROLINA THINGS
One of my favorite cities requested by one of my favorite ListAppers? This is the best.
- •Cupcake cottageMy senior year, I lived in a bright purple cottage in a bamboo forest on Jones Ferry road. The inside was open with wood-paneled walls. We had a porch for grilling and a pullout couch for our endless guests. I lived with two other theater kids and it was the best lil home.
- •Cat's CradleEven after living in LA, this is my favorite music venue.
- •Nice Price booksRIP? The owner once gave me like a pound of rosemary and my dorm smelled of herbs for months and months. Rosemary makes me think of books.
- •Parlez-Vous CrepesWeekend brunch at the crepe truck was my standard.
- •Maple View Ice CreamAcross from weaver street - but this location got shut down. Still the best ice cream I've ever had.
- •Weaver Street Market circa 2010It's a little too cool and shiny now, but it was a crunchy organic food shop/cafe/outdoor lounging area. My first dabble into hipsterdom. (I miss having a co-op number)
- •Contra DancingI love love love contra dancing.
- •Wandering on public hiking trailsI miss public parks and greenery, and carrboro has both in abundance. I spent lots of weekend afternoons meandering around parks.
- •Open Eye CafeA little industrial and never enough plugs, but one of my favorite places to spread out my books and glower at schoolwork
- •Orange County Social ClubSuggested by @whitbraddock
- •The Station, circa 2009Best trivia night in town. I miss it! PS, excuse me for stalking your super old list! I went to UNC, lived in Carrboro after college, and live in Durham now.Suggested by @jenniferm
- •VIVA LA CUPCAKE COTTAGEEvery time I fly out of RDU, I make a quick pilgrimage to the Cupcake Cottage. Hi from July 17, 2016.