My morning routine
Thanks for the suggestion! My routine fluctuates a lot, because my shifts can start anywhere between 7am - 2pm. But here's the basic rundown for a typical 9-5 day...
- •7:40 - wake upCurrent alarm: Sea of love by The National.
- •7:40:05 - check newsDid anything explode overnight? If so, text breaking news group chat and immediately do a quick write-up. If not, scroll through Instagram / Facebook to see LA friends' evening shenanigans.
- •7:50 - breakfastAs much water as I can drink, and typically granola, yogurt, and a banana. Eggs if I'm feeling ambitious. Leftover pizza if I'm feeling gross.
- •8:00 - wash face, moisturize, brush teeth, general panic, get dressedI am a night-shower person, but I'm still experimenting with face routines to tackle my eczema and milia (typically what helps one condition exacerbates the other). I am typically half-dressed and half-hair-done and running around without pants until the very last minute.
- •8:30 - walk to the mosque to get a taxiWave at the falafel stand guy. Internally moan about the 5-minute walk being straight uphill. (Note: my corner mosque is now a pokestop!)
- •8:45 - roll up to the officeChat with the security guard, even though I barely understand Egyptian. Sometimes he has sweet pastries that he gives to everyone, because he's the best.
- •8:50 - check email, Twitter feedsI like to be up-to-speed on everything before the start of my shift.
- •9:05 - second breakfastThere's a very specific coffee hierarchy in Middle East offices. I get my Arabic coffee in my specific mug. I also keep peanut butter and rice crackers at the office - originally because my roommate was allergic to peanut butter so I couldn't have it at home, but now I like the morning protein boost.
- •9:10 - get down to businessStart reading and writing, emailing translators, the usual! And that's my morning!