Reasons the train is my new favorite form of distance travel
Been hopping between North Carolina and Washington D.C. for a month and discovered the Carolinian train that goes from Charlotte to NYC.
- •Hit the sweet spot - faster than both car and planeCar ride from my hometown: Seven hours. Flying? Two hour drive from my hometown to the airport, two hours of check in and waiting, two(ish) hours of flying: Six-ish hours. Train travel, plus the drive to the station: Five hours
- •Surprisingly cheap!One-way Amtrak is like $68 for this route. Paying for gas while driving or an airplane ticket - way more expensive.
- •So much leg roomAnd huge seats!
- •Reliable in-seat chargersI've flown AirFrance too often 😒
- •Reliable wifiSee above
- •So much stuffI can bring two LARGE carry-ons, and two large personal items. So much stuff - and all of my liquids can be regular sized.
- •People are genuinely friendly?People are more talkative and upbeat than any flight I've ever been on
- •Decent foodAll about that café car.
- •More time to say goodbyeMama Watz is very sentimental, so she loves hanging out until I'm boarding.
- •The actual announcement: "As a reminder, please do not urinate on the floor of the restroom."👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽