The morning after American airstrikes in Syria
No political opinions here - it's just weird how not-weird life is today.
- •Very angry grandmaMy mom messaged me, quite distraught, because my grandma called her ~freaking out~ first thing in the morning
- •How safe do I feel?Last weekend I was camping in the eastern desert, pretty close to the intersection of Jordan-Iraq-Syria borders. I'm on a couple security-update text message chains. Business as usual in Jordan.
- •Amman =/= HomsHoms, where the airstrikes went down, is in central Syria and several hours away from Amman. (A recent Syria-bound missile from Israel did fall within the Jordanian border, but still several hours north of me.)
- •Broke my news-fastI've actually been (intentionally) not-too-connected the past few months, so now I'm scrolling through my news sources and catching up on the lead-up to the chemical attacks.
- •Plans for todayConfirm to all extended family that I'm not in any danger, do laundry, study for the LSAT