Those aren't fireworks: Today's bombings and missile strikes
Your favorite ray of sunshine is back! 4th of July, the end of Ramadan, who knows why, but there's been a noticeable uptick in attacks in the Middle East today. (I'll post a happier list later, I promise!)
- •Suicide bomber at US consulateJeddah, Saudi Arabia. Only the bomber was killed after detonating his device prematurely. Policemen wounded.
- •Suicide bomber at Shia mosqueQatif, Saudi Arabia. Only the bomber was killed; no reported injuries.
- •Suicide bomber in MedinaMedina, the second holiest city in Islam, Saudi Arabia. Four killed, one wounded.
- •Missile launched from YemenShot down by Saudi forces, suspected Houthi fire.
- •Syrian mortar fire into Golan HeightsIDF investigating cross-border fire.
- •Turkish/Coalition airstrikesNorthern Syria. "68 ISIS Targets" - including for suspected civilian casualties.
- •Unconfirmed: Rocket fire near Baghdad airportArabic Twitter is reporting this, no major wire or English source has picked it up. Unconfirmed.