USING THE "DUAL PLURAL"
Arabic has a special noun suffix (and verb conjugation) when referring to specifically two of something. At first I thought this was dumb, but I realized the dual plural can be quite useful... For example:
- •Habibain - two boyfriendsWhen I was kinda sorta seeing two guys at once.
- •Hotdogtain - two hot dogsI'm not kidding. The snack shop sells mini hotdogs between classes and one is never enough... Hotdogtain hits the spot.
- •Shahrain - two monthsApproximately how long I've lived in Jordan at this point, so I use this in almost every getting-to-know-you conversation
- •Sahtain - two healthsThe Arabic version of "Bon appetite!"
- •Yadain - two handsMost body parts come in pairs.
- •Neekain - two fucksAs in, "I couldn't give two fucks..." Maybe not proper fuh'sah arabic but... It gets the point across.