What we know about the boy in the Aleppo video
There's a video circulating on the Internet of a little boy being placed in an ambulance after an airstrike on Aleppo (I want to include a photo, but worried it might be too graphic - thoughts, ListStaff?) here's the story behind the video.
- •His name is Omran Daqneesh.Names are important.
- •He's five years old.Some reports place him at four, but the fact remains that he's probably too little to be in school yet.
- •He lives in the Qaterji neighborhood of Aleppo.While Aleppo has been under assault for years, the Assad/Russian airstrike campaign increased dramatically in the past few weeks after rebel groups broke the siege. This particular neighborhood was also hit hard in June.
- •He's okay - physically, at least.Omran was treated for a head wound, cleaned up, and released late Wednesday / early Thursday.
- •He's not a terrorist.Just throwing it out there. He's a little kid. He did not do anything to warrant getting caught up in an airstrike.