THE WEIRDEST THING I EAT
I'll show you mine!
- •My parents are both southern. Like, Very Southern.This is important. For reasons.
- •So sausage and biscuits are an important part of my life.Even though no one in my family can make a good biscuit from scratch. Pilsbury, y'all, it's hard to beat.
- •Every Saturday when I was a kid, we'd watch cartoons and my dad would make breakfast.No wonder I've always had a thing for men who could make breakfast, huh?
- •It was always sausage and biscuits and scrambled eggs.
- •The eggs were scrambled in the sausage grease.If you're throwing out your sausage or bacon grease, we can't be friends.
- •We'd sit down at the table and pull fluffy, hot (canned) biscuits from the basket in the center.
- •Then I'd slice my biscuits and watch.
- •My dad put mustard on his biscuit.On both sides. The man likes some zing.
- •My mom put grape jelly on hers.I've always wondered when she first thought that grape jelly was the thing to pair with a pork product, but I've never had the heart to ask.
- •And I wanted to be like both of them.
- •So I used both.
- •And it was delicious.
- •So I kept doing it.
- •I had no idea it was weird until I started having sleepovers.Then all my friends confirmed it. You could use mustard or jelly, but not both.
- •It was too good to stop, though.
- •So I kept eating sausage biscuits with mustard and grape jelly.
- •I'll eat them forever.
- •It's gross and I'm not sorry.