Marathon Playlist: What I Sang for 26.2 Miles
GUYS it's been two weeks since I ran a marathon! I have a busted up left knee trying to compensate for a busted up right knee, I've gained 7lbs, and my toenail hasn't made up its mind about falling off vs staying put. Here's what's getting me through it all:
- •🎶 pumpin' blood - nononoI can't remember if I heard this crossing the finish line or at the beginning of my last sprint, but "it's your heart, it's alive, it's pumping blood" is some symbolic, magic motivation
- •🎶love runs out- one republic"we all run for something: for god, for fate, for love, for hate, for gold, for rust, for diamonds, for dust"
- •🎶marry you- bruno marsare you "looking for something dumb to do?" run a marathon. plus this song is dope
- •🎶dance apocalyptic- janelle monàethis song made me want to stop running and boogie 💃🏼
- •🎶good to be alive right about now- Andy grammerI heard this twice, and the first time I tried to remember exactly how I was feeling so I could try to emulate that if i heard it twice
- •🎶cannot be tamed- Miley Cyrusmake fun of me if you want, that is the perfect song for those who are vaguely meek, vaguely blonde, and out of their element but trying to act like they're running things
- •🎶life is a highway- rascal flatscliché and perfect
- •🎶love myself- hailee steinfeldnothing like masturbation to motivate me
- •🎶longest time-billy joelfavorite song of all time [see previous lists] and also it took me for fucking ever to finish that race
- •UM I can't remember hearing any other songs, as I was distracted by the wind blowing in my face and the leaves crunching under my strong, able feetJK my personal mantra "it's almost over, it's almost over" blocked out the sound of my crying
- •but for reals, I'm glad I did it. ish.