My First Time Cooking With Butternut Squash
This feels like a live tweet but easier to follow along...
- •Hmm... I wonder how I begin with this.
- •Google "how to roast a butternut squash"
- •Maybe Pinterest will explain it in pictures!
- •Of course, thank you Pinterest. This looks easy!
- •Whoa! This is tough! It's like a pumpkin only weirdly shaped.
- •I wonder what I would do if I sliced the middle of my hand open. Where even is the ER here?
- •Okay, cut all the way through without cutting myself!
- •Scoop out these seeds.
- •Hmm... Now it seems I could apparently cube it now, but that seems difficult to cut. I will roast now, cube later.
- •Oh, I'm going to paint on a little EVOO first.
- •Okay, how do I know when it is done? It's probably one of those "you'll know it when you see it" kind of things.
- •25 minutes later, this looks nice! And it is soft enough to cut!
- •Ooh, how do I cut off the "skin?" It's so hot! Hmm, well this isn't graceful. Thank goodness oven mitts can go in the wash and this one is covered in silicone.
- •Well, now I just blender it up and this was easy!
- •Okay, maybe a food processor is needed... This blender business isn't working out so well.
- •With patience, I got my squash blended and mixed up into a nice sauce for my "Mac and Cheese!"
- •I can't wait to cook with this again and become a squash pro!