TV I Watched With My Parents Growing Up
On our gigantic 17" screen, the images that tumbled into my living room were mostly cartoons. My babysitters during the '60's were Lawrence Welk, Mitch Miller and Dinah Shore—Barbie and I cruised Hollywood, while poor Ken had no idea where his package was...but spent a lot of time looking for it......
- •Baby Huey & Little Lulu-cheap production values
- •Casper, the Friendly Ghost—helped us when uncle Julius passed on.
- •Mighty Mouse. For those of us not yet taken to Disneyland.
- •Beany & Cecil-early fashion with skullcaps.
- •Rocky & Bullwinkle-Introduction to the Russian Spy 101A—during the Cold War. JFK declared himself a doughnut.
- •Heckle & Jeckle-gentle discrimination, for the very young.