Fava Bean Fiasco
+the struggles of cooking the damn risotto that required it
- •Spent twenty minutes looking for Fava beans
- •After twenty minutes, discovered they weren't there
- •We decided to look at what kind of substitutes we could use
- •We spent twenty minutes googling English peas, Romano beans, snow peas, snap peas.I can never look at green beans or peas the same way again. Don't even say the word pod to me again.
- •We bought two pounds worth of snap peas.
- •Then it was time to cook...
- •I HAD TO MELT A STICK OF BUTTER ON THE PAN RIGHT OFF THE BATOh butter butter butter
- •It took me 50 minutes to cook the rice with butter and vegetable stock
- •It took Theron even longer to depod the peas
- •He found a dead caterpillar in a pod
- •I was supposed to add another stick of butter at the end.I didn't, and it was still very much too buttery