Peer Reviewing Essays
A list of opinions
- •Sometimes you end up with someone who really doesn't understand what the essay needs to be about at all, so their input, when there is any, doesn't always help.
- •I mean, it can always help with grammar and maybe making it more clear and concise, but sometimes you also get paired with someone who doesn't have good reading/writing skills either.
- •I think the worst thing a teacher can do is make everyone share what their essay is about.One, some people have trouble addressing a whole class of strangers. Two, I don't need to know what people are writing about. I need to know how. 3. It causes unnecessary superiority/inferiority towards people based on essay topic quality
- •I think it's good to help other people though, to read other essays, so that you can learn from them but also help them out.If you yourself know what you're doing.
- •Still, it could be unfair because no peer is created equally, and so some people can benefit from that hour more/less than you and your partner.