I have an extensive book collection and I'm pretty proud of it
- •The unabridged journals of Sylvia Plath. The Bell Jar is one of my favorite books and Sylvia's journals show the brilliance of a woman whose life was ended too soon.
- •Woodcutters by Thomas Bernhard. Brilliant and funny the book is written as one gigantic, ranting paragraph. Should be read in one sitting.
- •Can't and Won't by Lydia Davis short short stories, the cover says it all.
- •10:04 by Ben Lerner. A hybrid novel, Ben Lerner has the ability to make you laugh and cry within a few pages. In 10:04 he captures the now, there is something about the narration that is incredibly real and relatable.
- •The Collected Stories by Grave Paley contains some of my all-time favorite short stories. Grace Paley was a master of voice and if you need any proof of her genius, read Wants.
- •Walks With Men by Ann Beattie. This novella is only 101 pages and the prose is both breathtaking and gut wrenching. It's the perfect size and I always find that if I need a book I take it with me.