THE BEST SEAFARING TALES
There are two major stories from which all genres are descended:Cruise Ship and Clubhouse. "Save our clubhouse" or "lets go ln a cruise". Here are the greats if the cruise ship tales that are actually set in ships not just metaphorically
- •The Aubrey Mataurin series by Patrick O'BrianWhich are probably the best books or art ever created
- •Captain BloodBest errol flynn; best pirate movie
- •Anything GoesBest cruise ship musical
- •The Love BoatSet your course for adventure!
- •The Tragedy of the Whaleship EssexGripping !
- •The OdysseyIt holds up! More action than Iliad. A rare sequel better than part one
- •Mutiny on the BountyCharles Laughton vs Marlon Brando! What more do you want?
- •Sir Patrick SpensBest medieval ballad. "O who is it has done this deed/This ill deed done to me/To send me out this time o yar/To sail upon the sea" Just put that on my tombstone
- •Apocalypse Now/Heart of DarknessOkay you got me. Technically this is river faring not seafaring but its on a boat enough that im willing to look the other wAy on that
- •Das bootContender for all time war movies top 10. Best submarine movie certainly
- •Kon Tiki doc and dramaGoddamn crazy Norweigans
- •The final act of Jaws
- •Fiddlers GreenBest sea shanty
- •DreadnoughtBest book about the making of modern naval warfare
- •Moby DickSuggested by @louisa
- •Outerbridge ReachBy Robert StoneSuggested by @ChrisK