Observations when you take your kid to the suburban ER.
9y.o. dropped a weighted bar on her big toe.
- •There's valet parking. WTF?! I didn't use it bc I didn't have cash for a tip.
- •If your kids arrive in their pajamas you jump to the front of the line.
- •There is no frequent customer punch card, but they do have all your information in the system.
- •There are no hot doctors or nurses like George Clooney or the people on Chicago Med.
- •When your healthy child is with you, she will pick up a super virus, a hacking cough and the Zika virus just by sitting in the waiting room.
- •When you have wrapped the injury in haste, the triage nurse will look at you like you are a hack of a mother.
- •When your 9 year old is a nervous talker with a high IQ, she will explain to all the nurses and doctors why they are doing every single procedure. Smart ones are amused, dumb ones are threatened.
- •A broken toe, removed nail, 6 shots and 9 stitches is a pretty sucky way to kick off summer 2016.