HOW TO FLY VIRGIN AMERICA FIRST CLASS FOR A VERY LOW COST
- •Fly enough to become silver status. It's a rather low barrier to entry. You might even be able to do it by getting a credit card.
- •Buy a coach ticket.
- •12 hours before departure, exactly, call the 1-800 number and request your complimentary upgrade to main cabin select.
- •Once you're given that, stay on the line.
- •Request an upgrade from main cabin select to first class. It's about $240.
- •Now you have a coast-to-coast first class trip for about $700.