A List of Anniversary Meals
In honor of my tenth anniversary, here's a list of meals my sweetie and I have enjoyed at each year's celebration.
- 1.Melting PotKind of cheesy, and totally a chain, but we enjoyed it. :) They gave us champagne.
- 2.Chart House Restaurant, Tower of the Americas, San Antonio, TXWe took a romantic weekend trip to San Antonio.
- 3.Wink, Austin, TXThis was one of the best meals I've ever had in my life. One course was a seared scallop with creamy celeriac sauce. Amazing.
- 4.Hudsons on the Bend, Austin, TXWaaaay out on Lake Travis; they served a great prix fixe menu with a Texas Hill Country flair: venison, wild boar, pheasant.
- 5.Mansion at Judge's Hill, Austin, TXI was six months pregnant with twins, and the restroom was down a flight of stairs.
- 6.Jasper's, Austin, TXA giant rainstorm kicked up while we were eating, and the restaurant lost power for a moment.
- 7.North, Austin, TXIt was shockingly mild for the middle of July, so we ate outside. (!!!)
- 8.Uchiko, Austin, TX"It's our anniversary - help us do it up right," we told the server, and did she ever.
- 9.Milano Trattoria, Georgetown, TXKind of a hole in the wall in a strip mall, but we had a great dinner.
- 10.The Hollow, Georgetown, TXWe were seated in the picture window with a fantastic view of the square.