That Time I Got Into a Fight
My Brief Foray Into the World of Bullies.
- •I was staying with my dad and his family the summer I was ten years old.
- •They lived in an apartment complex, and my step-sister, who was almost nine, and I would go by ourselves to the playground.Actual playground not pictured.
- •One day, my step-sister was offended by another little girl, and because she and I were both ten, she conscripted me to defend her honor.
- •I agreed, for some reason.So true, Hermione.
- •So I grabbed a lightweight twirling baton and followed my sister to the playground.Thug Lyfe.
- •The girl was on the merry-go-round, and I didn't understand physics. So almost immediately, I was relieved of my weapon, and the girl kicked my ass.
- •I wound up with some terribly bruised ribs.
- •My dad's reaction, when I went crying home, was, "Well, that was a stupid idea."
- •Agreed, Dad.