TOP 5 WUTANG ALBUMS
Because my first list had to be about the Wu
- 1.GZA - Liquid Swords (1995) wiki fact: The album heavily samples dialogue from the martial arts film Shogun Assassin and maintains a dark atmosphere throughout its course, while it incorporates lyrical references to chess, crime and philosophy.
- 2.Reakwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx (1995) wiki fact : The album was loosely composed to play like a film with Raekwon as the "star," fellow Wu-Tang member Ghostface Killah as the "guest-star," and producer RZA as the "director."
- 3.Method Man - Tical (1995) wiki fact: The album's title "Tical" is a slang term for a blunt that has been laced with an adulterant, typically a sweetener or another psychoactive substance. The album title is also a play on the word "methodical".
- 4.Wu Tang Clan - Enter the Wu Tang 36 Chambers (1993) wiki fact : The distinctive sound of Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) created a blueprint for hardcore hip hop during the 1990s and helped return New York City hip hop to national prominence.
- 5.Ol' Dirty Bastard - Return to the 36 Chambers Dirty Version (1995) wiki fact: Rolling Stone (4/20/95, p. 78) - 4 Stars - "With his raspy, lisp-punctuated voice and half-sung, half-rapped style, [Ol' Dirty Bastard] may well be the most original vocalist in hip-hop history