Road trip with my husband from PA to SC to FL; Destination Disney 🏰🎡🎆
An Ongoing List
- •He is singing Bob Seger very enthusiastically and loudly, as per usual.
- •He only got hoagies and a bag of chips to snack on for the first (9 hour) leg of this drive. And water. I NEED one can of Diet Coke at the very least.Monster.
- •He won't let me read yet, he is making me talk to him.Which is fine, obviously, bc I love him. But I have like 7 books on deck, specifically chosen for this drive! 😓😢📚📚
- •I had to work today (Ian's a teacher, so he did not) so we left at 4:00 when I was done. I'm already starving and am ready for a full-course meal and a glass of wine. 🍝🍷Patience is a virtue, right?
- •He has moved from Bob Seger (which was perfectly acceptable road trip music) to some mildly scream-y band, which I cannot handle. Mild anxiety and headache ⬆⬆Norah Jones "Little Broken Hearts" album it is for me! I brought my ooooold iPod from college with me 📱🎧😅
- •AAAAAAAAAAnd it just started POURING. (Okay so THIS explains the headache that started 15 minutes ago, not the music. Sorry, Ian! But the music is still not great).And he just washed the car today! BOOOOOO. 🌦🌦☔☔💧💧🌬🌬🌧🌧
- •Our ETA just got pushed from 1:00am to 2:47am bc of traffic. UGH. I hate that we have to go past/through DC. And we are still not even near there and it's causing us trouble!! WHYYYYYY 😣😣
- •Update almost 4 hours in: I found Oreos, so I take back what I said about Ian being a monster.
- •We also put my iPod on shuffle as a compromise; it's been a riot hearing all the music on there 🎶🎼
- •I am going to die of a heart attack on I-95 in Virginia.🚍🚖🚗🚘🚙🚚🚛🛣🚨🚥🚦🚧🚧
- •TIME FOR HAMILTON
- •I just saw a sign for Cape Hatteras. We typically vacation there every year, as I have since I was maybe 12? (This is the first year in recent memory I haven't. Before that it was Corolla, NC or Stone Harbor, NJ as a young child.) How did I get this close to Hatteras & not realize it? Without crossing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel? WHERE AM I?!