Some Things That Made My Heart Swell With Patriotic Pride Today 🇺🇸
Nanny is my hero
- •My 77 year old GrandmotherLiz aka Nanny Nawny aka Mary Sheila aka Rita aka Lizzie aka Nanny
- •Registered to vote for the first time in her LIFE so that she could vote for Hillary Clinton
- •She registered because she knew how important this election is for all of us.(please excuse my terrible smile in this photo 😶)
- •And she "wanted to cancel out the votes of [insert name of our hardcore Republican family members] and do what's right."Because she never takes anything lying down
- •She lives her life to the fullest, and she is an inspiration to my whole family. Nanny lets nothing hold her back.Here she is with my uncle Slagger dancing at my wedding. She did not leave that dance floor ALL NIGHT.
- •My cousin Allison registered for the first time, too. She is taking Nanny to vote. My heart may explode with pride. @apantone 🙏🙌👯🇺🇸🇺🇸💖💖😢😢💞💞🎉🎉
- •My dad used to take my sister and I with him to vote when we were younger, so we always knew how important and integral it was to our place in this country."If you don't vote, you can't complain. You have to do your part."
- •My other grandparents (Nanny & Pop Pop) have always been politically active and have always voted. Even though they are opposite of me politically, they are not lunatics and you can talk to them about stuff. And they are NOT voting for Trump 🙌🙏I grew up understanding that it's my job to give a shit about my country and my place in it. 🗳
- •SO. Please go vote today. And not for the scooped out insides of a rotten pumpkin. If my 77 year old Nanny can do it, so can you.
- •UPDATE: THEY DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!I cried with pride and joy. Go America. Allison and Nanny don't have time for your b.s. They only have time to be beautiful and inspirational. 🇺🇸