My Dad is Addicted to Buying Antique Oil Lamps
The first step was he admitted he has a problem
- •My dad has recently discovered antique and thrift stores. He also has an issue with discovering one item and realizing he needs them all. (In recent months. Oil Lamps)
- •He also owns 3 properties in 3 different states. Which means more rooms and spaces to fill with antique oil lamps
- •Tonight we had an in depth discussion on his oil lamps. He tried to give me several. I declined. He showed me ones that he is going to "fix up"
- •At one point he said he only had 3 in the cabin. Then he paused. Started counting in his head, the final total of lamps in the cabin ...10.
- •After that moment. He realized he might need to take a break from purchases oil lamps. And he swore the one that the fixer upper is his "last one."
- •He also stated "I just hate to leave them there in antique stores with nobody there to buy them"
- •And "I can't keep away from them man."
- •At one point he asked me why I don't want one and what would happen if my power went out in the winter? I said I guess I would sit in the dark and freeze.It's a risk I am willing to take.
- •Screenshot of a video my dad sent me showing me how an Amazon firestick worked (just in case I didn't know) quality video with his finger but more importantly. Oil Lamp.
- •I feel like I am turning into my father as I get older. Does this mean I will be collecting some random object one day as well?Please God don't let it be oil lamps.