WHAT GLENN FREY MEANT TO ME
- •Growing up as a child in the 80's I was blessed to have parents who loved the Eagles and taught me at an early age to appreciate their music.
- •Growing up with divorced parents the Eagles were something that connected us together even though I would listen to them separately with each parent. Dad was a Joe Walsh fan. Mom was not.
- •My mom owned Glenn's solo album No Fun Allowed and this cover would always stand out to me for some reason. It brings back so many memories of hanging out with her in our grandparents basement.
- •Lyin Eyes (which Glenn wrote) was my grandpa's favorite song. He passed away when I was 16 and every time I hear it I think of him.
- •I just listened to their greatest hits this morning while getting ready for the day. No matter how many times I listen to the songs, they don't get old. You can't say that with today's music.
- •My mom was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and I just keep finding myself listening to the Eagles to help deal with it all.
- •So thank you Glenn Frey for being a part of my life.