Already on li.st? Open in app.
Sunday night, coping with writing an email about preparing for active shooters in the college classroom. Because "America."
- •Ridiculous things people said in the faculty meetingBecause many educators want coherence, focus, and evidence from their students so badly that they are 90% likely to burn those circuits out by the time they meet.
- •Ridiculous things I wanted to say in the faculty meeting but didn't because I'm not yet ready to adopt a scorched Earth policy.But don't worry your pretty little head: as my father observed when I was quite young, sooner or later I can't out-think my mouth.
- •Half-read books beside my bedAn ever-changing, never diminishing list.
- •Ways I have attempted to describe the experience of watching local sports coverage in BostonI'll give you one for free: watching the local news cover Boston sports teams is like a less classy donkey show.
Is it a compliment? Is it seasonal? Is it a demographic thing? Who can say? But it is an ongoing list of ambiguous judgement.
- •Jack White, rock musicians.
- •Kale, greens.
- •Wes Anderson, film directors.
Many of these are still true, esp. when the mind wanders in the car.
- •An astronaut