Music I'm into this week
Heavily influenced by /r/indieheads and my Spotify Discover Weekly. Inspired by @dev
- •Portamento (2011) - The DrumsI think one of their songs came up on my Discover Weekly. Also, realizing I've been in the mood to listen to a lot of 2000ish indie rock lately
- •Clap Your Hands Say Yeah (2005) - Clap Your Hands Say YeahSomeone told me to listen to this in May and I finally got around to it. Played it in a car ride with a friend last week and coincidentally, while watching old episodes of The Office the next day, we heard it featured at Jim's house party (the one Michael wasn't invited to)!
- •Since I Left You (2000) - The AvalanchesThey just dropped a new album, but I had never even heard of/listened to their first one!! Also if you feel like laughing and crying, watch the music video for "Since I Left You": https://youtu.be/wpqm-05R2Jk
- •Apologies To The Queen Mary (2005) - Wolf ParadeFrequently listened to a few songs off this in high school, but never listened to the album in full until now. Favorites: "I'll Believe In Anything" and "Dinner Bells"
- •IV (2016) - BadbadnotgoodHad the opportunity to see them play at Coachella w @kalane and friends this past year and they were so fun! Loving the new album and in particular, "Time Moves Slow", featuring Sam Herring of Future Islands.
- •Made to Measure (2016) - DarkstarFound this on a Pitchfork New Release article. I don't know too much about the band but I'm diggin this single's sound!
- •Gist Is (2014) - Adult JazzAnother gem I found on /r/indieheads, and another album/artist I didn't know existed until recently. They also have a new album out, which I haven't yet listened to.
- •Freetown Sound (2016) - Blood OrangeNow playing 😎🎧
- •Nothing's Real (2016) - ShuraA long-awaited debut from an absolute babe. Saw her perform in LA at The Echo in early 2015, and it was such a treat! If you enjoy Sam Smith, Jessie Ware, and/or Disclosure, you'll love this. Also watch one of the most beautiful music videos ever, "Touch", here: https://youtu.be/x2AOjb9HW2E
- •"Sun Was High (And So Was I)" - Best CoastSpecifically, this lil bathroom rendition (ft. baby Best Coast!! 👶): https://youtu.be/k4vXTGPpKzo
- •"Counting" - Autre Ne VeutOff the album Anxiety (2013). Haven't gotten around to giving it a good listen, but this song has graced nearly all of my current Spotify playlists.