STOP ZONING OUT
Skills I'm working on to stop zoning out in conversation
- •Listen for cadence of speech, and imitate it in my head (for 1-3 seconds at a time only to prevent missing too much content). Bum bum, bum bum, bum bum bum, budum.
- •Notice variations in tone.
- •Slow the person down. "I think I'm hearing you, but I'm concerned I may have missed something. Can you repeat that last part?"
- •Be intentional about my own tone, etc, when speaking
- •Comment on the things you notice above " I notice you are talking louder, and seem to really be passionate about this topic. What about X is fueling this passion?"