🎥, 📺, AND 📚 THAT HAVE MADE ME UGLY CRY
I'm a frequent tearer-upper when I watch movies and TV but these are the moments I sobbed for real
- •Waitress"Dear Baby, I hope someday somebody wants to hold you for 20 minutes straight and that's all they do. They don't pull away. They don't look at your face. They don't try to kiss you. All they do is wrap you up in their arms and hold on tight, without an ounce of selfishness to it."
- •50 First DatesThe part at the end where she didn't remember her own children (even though it was supposed to be a happy ending)
- •Everybody's FineI don't remember much about this movie other than trying to keep my sobs quiet enough that no one in the theater would hear them. I haven't watched it since.
- •Black MirrorThe episode "Be Right Back," about a futuristic service that lets people speak to a social media-generated version of their deceased loved ones, made me sob the entire time.
- •TransparentIn the episode "Looking Up," where there's the flashback of Ed, who is nonverbal and dying, as a younger, gregarious man and he tells a bad joke and says, "I'm just here to make you happy."
- •Mick Harte Was HereAbout a young girl whose brother gets hit while riding his bike and dies. This book is the foundation for what I knew about death as a child.
- •A Little PrincessWhen Sara's dad has amnesia from the war and doesn't recognize her ahhhhh it's too painful to think about 😪