HOW TO PROPERLY INTERACT WITH ARTISTS AT ART SHOWS, CRAFT FAIRS & COMIC CONS
Thank you for this request! It's so nice to know there are people who really care about this stuff. 👍🏼
- •At the very least: smile at the artist
- •Say hi if you're in a friendly mood! Nothing wrong with some light conversationBut remember that the artist is most likely exhausted, so no need to grill them with any intense questions
- •If you like the artist's work, tell them! Compliments are the best!
- •If you don't like the artist's work, don't tell them! Just smile and leave please
- •Remember that the artist is a real person with ears and eyesDon't be the one lady who came into my booth and said to her friend "I liked the other one better" 👿
- •Don't spend a suuuper long time looking through the art (and blocking the display) if you don't plan on buying anything
- •This is not the time or place for haggling! Making art is hard and time-consuming! Don't devalue an artist's hard work by asking for an insultingly low price.
- •In conclusion: be nice and don't not be nice
- •It's not that hard!