IPHONE GAMES I USE FOR SELF CARE
To me, there is no better way to unwind after a hard day than to curl up with a funny podcast and a distracting iPhone game. How bout you?
- •Alto's AdventureThe entire premise of this game is that you are snowboarding through the mountains to catch your runaway llamas!!! It has easy controls, reeeally relaxing music, and a super-beautiful setting with a full sunset-sunrise cycle that makes the game feel cozy.
- •Flow FreeConnect the matching colored dots so that every square on the board is filled with color. The game equivalent of knitting 👍🏼. Also every time you connect two dots, there's a water droplet sound effect that calms me right down.
- •Candy CrushSay what you want about the annoying Facebook notifications, but this game has a bajillion different fun and satisfying levels that will take your mind off of your lingering anxiety if you let them!
- •BlockheadsApparently a lot like Minecraft (which I have never played). This game is open-world and you can dig for jewels and plant sunflowers and I like it a lot.
- •Where's My Water?Help this friendly alligator take a bath by digging a path for water to flow into his pipes! This game is made by Disney and things with a Disney vibe always make me feel safe and relaxed. A+
- •Monument ValleyCalming Escher-inspired puzzles and soothing music and sound effects + design so beautiful I literally gasped at one point while playing 😍
- •RépubliqueThe most like a full video game on this list and the most expensive too (but worth it, in my opinion). République is about a badass young woman escaping a 1984-ish near-future totalitarian state. It's a stealth game, so you spend most of your time hiding (my forte, ahem). The story is gradually revealed as you play, and it's super compelling and exciting. Highly recommend!
- •Neko Atsume (obv)Lure adorable kitties into your yard and they reward you with fish and mementos!! There's a reason this game spawned a thousand lists ❤️
- •Do you have any recommendations??