SELF CARE THINGS THAT AREN'T JUST "NETFLIX AND ICE CREAM"
(Although there's nothing wrong with Netflix and ice cream!!) These are my go-to things, but your mileage may vary. Please suggest more!
- •Spend the whole day deep-cleaning the apartment. Then, open the window to let in the chilly night air and order yourself a pizza with pineapple.
- •Put together a playlist of songs that make you feel powerful. Then, go on a brisk jog or walk outside while the sun is setting. Come home and take a super hot shower and eat dinner in PJs on the couch.
- •Get yourself a little bit tipsy on your favorite easy cocktail (like vodka, cranberry juice, and fizzy water) and watch the funniest standup special you can find online. Laugh out loud!
- •Make up a song on the spot about how everything's going to be ok and sing it to your pet. It doesn't have to rhyme! Your pet doesn't care!
- •If you're feeling sad or angry, validate your feelings instead of pushing them away. Say (in your head) "I'm sad!" "I feel hurt!" If you need to cry, cry. Then drink a big glass of water so you don't get a headache.
- •Cry while listening to a good podcast.
- •Make a to-do list that includes WHEN you're going to do each thing. (The "when" doesn't have to be super specific! Next Tuesday, next month, next decade, etc.)
- •Look at photos of yourself from when you were a cute little kid and think about how that little kid deserves love.
- •Watch a good movie that will help you bring on the tears when you need it.Suggested by @hennyfairquesadilla